If you don’t read anything, read this:
- Any information that you provide to us within Emoodji will only be used to operate the app (i.e. to send Emoodjis to other users), or to give you essential information relating to Emoodji. Mind will not use this information to contact you about anything else, unless you have expressly given permission elsewhere
- Any information that we collect will be stored securely and confidentially. We provide all the necessary physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain, in line with the Data Protection Act.
What information does Emoodji obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
When you download and register an account with Emoodji, you provide us with your name and mobile phone number only. This information is used to manage users of the app and to enable sending of ‘emoodjis’ between different users.
We may also use the information provided to contact you about essential information relating to Emoodji. We will not use this information to contact you about marketing promotions or anything to do with the wider work of Mind, unless you give us separate permission to do so.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, Emoodji may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Emoodji.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
Emoodji does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve Emoodji and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if Mind is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by Emoodji easily by uninstalling the app. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use Emoodji and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We do not use Emoodji to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain, in line with the Data Protection Act. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using Emoodji, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com